F.A.C.T. Education Board of Directors Acknowledgment of Service
Each time an individual is elected to the F.A.C.T. Education Board of Directors, he or she shall obtain, read, and sign the following “Acknowledgement of Responsibilities.”
F.A.C.T. EDUCATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Acknowledgment of Responsibilities
By accepting my election to the F.A.C.T. Education Board of Directors, I agree on the following responsibilities:
1. To the best of my ability, diligently fulfill my fiduciary duties of care, loyalty, and obedience to F.A.C.T. Education
2. Comply to the best of my ability with the Certificate of Incorporation, Bylaws, and other policies of F.A.C.T. Education, that apply to me.
3. Maintain the confidentiality of information so designated by F.A.C.T. Education and release its content only with the express authorization of F.A.C.T. Education or as required by law.
4. Remain well-informed of developments within the profession of career and technical education and at F.A.C.T. Education.
5. Make decisions as a fiduciary of F.A.C.T. Education and a leader of career and technical education. This means I will represent the best interests of career and technical education and the public, irrespective of any special interest or geographic, demographic, or personal constituency.
6. Understand the role of F.A.C.T. Education, its members, mission, services, and environment.
7. Be thoughtful and objective in all F.A.C.T. Education -related deliberations.
8. Be loyal to F.A.C.T. Education and its affiliated organizations, partners and industry members. While differences of opinion are sure to arise, I agree as a Board member to keep disagreements impersonal.
9. Fairly and accurately present the positions taken by F.A.C.T. Education. Where my views differ from those of F.A.C.T. Education, I will take care to accurately identify the F.A.C.T. Education position while distinguishing it from my own.
10. Prepare for and participate in Board meetings and meetings of its committees and subcommittees.
11. Timely complete tasks and projects assigned to me and accepted by me.
12. Inform F.A.C.T. Education leadership of members’ needs as I see them.
13. Publicize the value and work of the F.A.C.T. Education; broaden interest in career and technical education by using opportunities to explain its policies and services to relevant audiences.
14. Focus on the Board’s role as F.A.C.T. Education’s policy setter understanding that the Executive Director is responsible for day-to-day operations.